Thursday, September 27, 2012

Polish Summer!

For those of you who might not know, I am now an Au Pair. What is an Au Pair you ask? I don't have an exact definition but an Au Pair is a nanny. In my case I went onto a website called Aupairworld (I had been to others and I found this one worked best for me) made a profile and starting contacting or be contacted by families. What an Au Pair does depends on each families situation, it is mainly child care and some light house work. 

Two things I need to clear up!
1) Nannying is not being a babysitter. When you live with a family, you have a much bigger role and not to mention a huge responsibility to be a role-model in a child's life. I am only 18, I have a lot to learn still, but I make sure to do all that I can to be fun and caring with the kids I live with. 
2) I am not a maid! I do what any adult child would do in a household. 

Okay now that I cleared those things up! I spent the last 5 or 6 weeks of summer in Poland with my Au Pair family. The first week we were together we went on vacation to Krakow for one day than to a national park farther south in a city called Zakopane. After the holiday, most of my summer consisted of laying by the pool and relaxing while the kids were busy playing with their friends. 

Check out the photos; I said in an earlier post I am tired of story telling about things that happened what feel like so long ago. A picture is worth a thousand words right?


This was the day I arrived to our home in Poland, it was fabulous, loved the sign :)


Katja, 5, and I picked four-leaf clovers


Katja also loves the photo settings on my iPad







Katja's first swim solo!


This is from... you guessed it! Karkow



This is my Au Pair family and their family (cousins, aunts, you know), we had a fabulous week together.





Krakow was very crowded and very touristy,or  at least what I saw, which wasn't much.


We arrived in Zakopane in the evening after being in Krakow for the day.


View from our condo to the mountains we were going to be hiking!
Loved it, so pretty.


This was the last bit of our hike on the first day. 
I tried to capture how rugged the terrain was.


To get to the very top, you had to climb with a chain rope, but there was a huge line-up, I think we waited like an hour or something, but at least we had a nice view while we waited.


At the very top of the peak we climbed there was this massive cross!


This was another day when we hiked to this lake


Myself and Łukasz!




Tommy, 11 :)


This is when I was in WrocŁaw. It was a very nice city, I enjoyed it, only one night so I didn't get to see all it had to offer.


My Polish summer was so relaxing, I loved it!
We came back in time for the kids to go to school and now I can do current blogging about my new life in Dresden, yay!
xo